The winners of the MEDIS CHALLENGE Contest
At 25th anniversary of operations Medis prepared the Medis Challenge contest: doctors and pharmacists whose oral presentations or posters were accepted at one of the recognised international professional or scientific meetings during the period from 1 September 2013 to 31 August 2014 were invited to participate in the contest.
An international professional jury that consists of seven established and recognized doctors from various specialties selected one winner per each of seven included countries.
The jury chose winners of the contest; they will receive an award in the amount of € 2,500 as well as the work of art named Future by the recognized Slovenian sculptor Jakov Brdar. The winners will participate in the ceremony in the Slovenian National Theatre Opera and Ballet Ljubljana on 3 December 2014.
Research works were assessed by the jury consisting of:
- Assist. Alenka Spindler Vesel, MD, PhD, Slovenia, and Neva Požar Lukanovič, MD, MSc, DEAA, Slovenia
- Assist. Prof. Igor Kuzmanovski, PhD, Macedonia
- Academician Senka Mesihović Dinarević, MD, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Prof. Géher Pál, MD, PhD, Hungary
- Prof. Peter Solar, MD, DMD, PhD
- Academician Davor Miličić, MD, Croatia and
- The president of the jury, Prof. Jovica Milovanović, MD, PhD, Serbia
The jury decided that the Medis Challenge awards 2014 go to:
- Assist. Prof. Branka Mazul-Sunko, MD, PhD, Croatia, in the field of anaesthesiology
- Assist. Ivana Basta, MD, PhD, Serbia, and Prof. Osman Sinanović, MD, PhD, Bosnia and Herzegovina, in the field of neurology
- Savica Markovik Stanoeska, MD, Macedonia, in the field of paediatrics
- Michael Blaschke, MSc, Austria, in the field of pharmacy
- Áron Bécsi, MD, Hungary, in the field of urology and
- Žiga Rotar, MD, Slovenia, in the field of rheumatology
Medis would like to contribute to greater international recognition of the experts, researchers and practitioners from pharmaceutical and medical scientific fields, so the Medis Challenge contest will be organized every year. Congratulations to all the winners!